Local Weather

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Day Trippin'

Went for lunch with my friend Lori. She suggested Vi's for Pies - This bistro is one of west Edmonton’s hidden treasures and luckily Lori, an Edmontonian, knew about it. We had a lovely lunch and spent time catching up. Was tempted by the huge selection of desserts but refrained. May take a stroll one day from the apartment though for coffee and a treat.

Since I still haven't been to WEM (West Edmonton Mall) thought a trip there would round out my day. Unfortunately (or fortunately!?!) I didn't make one purchase! That's a first for me.

The seal show was on as I passed, so I watched the trained seals do their thing. And found my favourite luggage shop - Mandarina Duck, but they didn't have the luggage I have dreamed about since seeing it in Italy, so I'll have to wait a bit longer to get their light weight suitcase.

WEM is, as you know, HUGE. I walked and walked and looked and looked (and tried on many pairs of shoes) before it all started looking the same to me. It was then time to go home.
Had a thunder storm last night. Wonderful. We rarely get those storms up north, so enjoyed it. Should be more today/tonight as well.

No comments: