Local Weather

Friday, June 20, 2008

Back to my northern home once again. I think because I wasn't quite ready to leave my southern home, the 12 hour drive from Edmonton to Fort Nelson seemed to take forever. I have to say that after driving for about 8 hours, we saw a bear with three cubs at the side of the road. In a split second, I thought I should stop then decided that reaching my destination was a priority as I was tired of driving already, so I didn't stop. But I have to admit I have never seen 3 small ones with their mother. I have many times seen one or two, but never three.
Lots of motor homes on the highway. I thought with gas prices the way they are, we might be lucky and not see many but not true. The 40 footers were there pulling their cars behind them, which means you need a lot of space to pass them. Not too much construction along the road which was nice. And the construction there was was just for short sections of road. Above is the one site where we had to wait before proceeding through a very very dusty road, just south of Liard Hot Springs. But the wait was worth it as a bear crossed the road just then.

It stopped to munch some vegetation before carrying on to disappear in the trees. It was well worth the stop.

No comments: