Local Weather

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Body Worlds

Went to see the Body Worlds I exhibit today. One word - AMAZING. And to imagine these are real people's bodies (and horse body). Got to hold a lung (feels like a sponge and very light weight) and a liver. Saw a foetuses from 4 weeks to 33 week and saw a mother who died with her baby in womb (very sad when you think about it), but interesting to look at. Saw muscles, organs, tendons, nerves, brains, bones, blood vessels ... you name it. Saw healthy ones, cancerous ones, hernias, and on and on. The exhibit is huge - in fact I found it too large to see at one time. By the end, which was just as interesting as the beginning, I was tired of looking. So if you are going to see it, I would suggest at least two visits - just don't miss it. As I said, it was amazing!

No comments: