Local Weather

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012

Went for my minimum 1/2 hour walk this morning (did you watch the 23-1/2 hours video??). The sun was shining brightly through my windows, hot enough to melt a candle. Perfect time for a walk. I threw on a medium warm winter coat (considered my light spring coat but thought better of it), runners and looked at my gloves sitting in the basket as I left. I should have looked at the thermometer. My fingers were freezing. Had to pull them up into the sleeve of my coat. And there was just enough wind to bite into my cheeks making me walk backwards for part of the journey. And that lovely sun does melt some of the snow during the day. Unfortunately that water freezes at night making walking a bit dicey in spots. But alas, I survived to tell the tale.

For all of you southerners, and by that I mean Manitoba and Ontario people who are wearing shorts and gardening, it was -12C when I went out for my walk at 10:30 AM (about -18C with the windchill). The photos are of my front/back yards. As you can see, it will be a while before I start to garden.

No comments: