Local Weather

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Food & Drink Course

Luckily I received a reminder phone call yesterday, as after a week of volunteering I was looking forward to watching a bit of Saturday morning soccer with a large hot cup of coffee. The reminder -- my Coffee & Croissant Cooking Course was to begin Saturday morning, 8:30 AM.
So, up early, no TV, and off I drove to the course.

It was very interesting. The coffee part was similar to an entry Barista course. I learnt of the beans and roasting (you know Whitehorse has TWO roasters, which is pretty good for a town of our size), ground the beans, tamped them down and made the espresso. We tasted many different bean grinds, and roasts. Then on to the steamed milk. It was all very enlightening.

I also made the croissants pictured above. Brought them home for their last rising then baking them in my own oven. Plain croissants, almond croissants and Pain au Chocolat. Mmmmmmm!!

No comments: