Local Weather

Thursday, March 15, 2012

23-1/2 Hours

Watched this this morning on CTV News. I love these talking / drawing kind of messages.




And, heard these facts on the radio this morning:
  • The aorta, one of the largest arteries in the body, is the diameter of a garden hose.
  • In contrast, ten capillaries are equal to the thickness of a single human hair.
  • The human body contains about 6 quarts of blood which circulate through the body three times every minute.
  • Each day, the blood travels about a total of 12,000 miles (19,300 km) per day (4 times across the US from coast to coast).
  • In a lifetime the human heart will pump about 1 million barrels of blood - enough to fill over 3 super-tankers!
  • AMAZING!

Now, cannot write anymore. I am going out for a walk.

1 comment:

Grace To It said...

That was an amazing youtube!

I am more amazed at how you remembered what you had heard on the radio.

I also enjoyed the creative use of the colour RED when you were talking about our blood.

I am happy that 30 minutes is what they want us to walk. I can do that! mjt