Local Weather

Thursday, November 02, 2006

James Blunt



Received my Xmas gift from SR tonight. Went to see James Blunt in Edmonton. What a concert he puts on! He did mention that we must all be pretty tired of his CD and are likely using it as a frisbee now. He played a lot of new music, so all you James Blunt fans, there is a new CD in the making. His energy was amazing. In one (new) song, he was playing the guitar so hard the strings were a poppin' off. He jumped off stage and hugged a bunch of people (not me tho - even tho our seats were 2nd row) and often he walked along the stage and made eye contact with individuals - this one did include me and I did get one of those cute smiles from him. As we have all played his album and know all the words to all the songs, he gets the audience singing along with him. And in his last song - You're Beautiful - he had the audience singing the words following, "she could see from my face that I was" and we sang ... "__ __" . Now in my days, when we went to concerts, we all held up lighters. Today (since so few people smoke) they all hold up cell phones! My next concert, I'll have to buy a cell phone I guess. These pictures are courtesy of SR. I asked him to take pictures and he did a great job throughout the concert while I clapped and sang and swayed beside him.. If you ever get to see James Blunt - GO ... you'll be happy you did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James Blunt - even though I am not into him it is good to hear a voice that speaks of love when in a world with so much "Here's a quarter (used to be a dime) go tell someone how cares" it is good to hear someone speaking of love and beauty and well....... just lovely things. So good for our spirit. Glad to here you had a great time. And.....well...... your are beautiful Carol..... and we are beautiful.... Ciao!