Local Weather

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Edmonton


10th day in Edmonton, and we're all smiles now. Here is SR sitting at his computer in the newly painted dining room. It was a tough slug getting the painting done in 9 days, but I did almost all of it. Would have liked to stay about 5 more days to wash carpets and do a bit of decorating, but a son can only handle a mother for so long... I feel like I accomplished a lot and am satisfied. On my next visit I will be involved in upgrades only. Entered Edmonton October 27th in their first snow storm. Left Edmonton Nov 6 in their freezing rain storm. I have no luck weather-wise there. Sat on the plane for 1-1/2 hours while they de-iced the plane and de-iced one runway (the 2nd runway was way too icy to even attempt to de-ice) and had lots of turbulance when we finally did get up into the air. Many thanks to Sue who waited patiently at the airport to pick me up very very late on a work night. Arrived home to -23 degree temperatures, but alas my house is still standing and not frozen - and warming up nicely now.

No comments: