Local Weather

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

New Year's Eve


This is who I spent New Year's Eve with this year.  This was their FIRST sleep-over in a bed that is NOT a crib.  First, we had dinner in the living room, and second, they had dinner watching TV.  That is something they NEVER do at home.  


And not only watch TV, but watch their favourite TV program, Paw Patrol.  That was pretty neat for them.  Even though I had a barricade in front of the TV, when I wasn't looking, Emerson did get the small glass birds I had sitting on the TV table (that I got in Venice, and did I say they were glass ... ??) and he was playing with them in the Fisher Price Farm Barn.  So I pulled them out of the barn and put them safely in a higher spot and reminded them they were not to go closer to the TV than the boxes.  That done, it was bath and bed time.  I had wings for one of the twin beds and I pushed the other against the wall and pillowed the edge.  It took about 20 minutes, but they settled and slept till 8 in the morning. And I was able to sip my Champagne to quietly bring in the New Year.

Happy New Year to all my readers.  May 2017 be all that you can wish it to be.

No comments: