Local Weather

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

First Walk of the New Year


I was looking forward to this walk.  It was around the airport - the total walk was just over 8 Kilometres.  It was the views I was interested in.  The fence on the left is barbed as it divides the runways from the public area.  The path was very sketchy.  It wasn't well packed and if you went off of it, the snow was midway to my knees.  Nancy brought her Cairn Terrier, Ginny, who had trouble walking ...  the uneven trail and the deep snow were not conducive for her little legs.


But the views were fabulous!  Above is the wonderful view of the South Access Road and views beyond.  Just a little to the right would be the eagle's new nest.  Next time I walk it I will try to find the access to the view of the nest.


Above is the south end of the the downtown area.  You can see the hospital directly above the road (in green).  As you can see the day was glorious - sunny and quite warm, only about -5 degrees C.



Was a great viewpoint to see the boat.  I think when the snow is gone I will redo this trail and stop at more of the viewpoints.  



No comments: