Local Weather

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge visit Whitehorse


Went to see the arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge late this afternoon.  Above is the crowd that gathered to welcome the Royal Couple.


Their plane arrived only about 10 minutes late.  When it was nearing a stop the Royal Standard appeared from the cockpit window.


The Royal Couple emerged and the crowd was excited.  The First Nations lady behind me noticed an eagle flying overhead when they walked down the stairs - a good omen.


They were met by the Rangers and Cadets as well as the spattering of usual dignitaries.


I know this is blurry but as a short person I had to squish in between multiple people, bend down so I didn't block anyone elses view and quickly snap a photo when car number two passed.  I didn't even know if I got him in the picture until I reviewed my photo. 


On the drive home, while driving up the Hamilton Boulevard Extension, I spotted this fellow on the side of the road eating grass as well as a few female deers.  I didn't even know we had deer here, but here is proof.  Is this another good omen?

No comments: