Local Weather

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A Royal Walk-About



When they left the museum there was a planned walk-about.  I heard (from a secret service man) that they would not leave through the front doors, but through a rear door, so when they entered the museum I began to walk by the crowds lining the street.  Once again I spotted a small empty spot at the front of the masses and took my spot.  Across the road were school kids waiting patiently to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.  Helium balloons were handed out in the colours of the British flag.


Of course, when the couple emerged, almost every child (as well as all the people watching everywhere) pulled out their cameras in the hopes of a good picture of the Royals.


Out they came and for the most part I had a good view of they, except when an RCMP or Security Agent stepped in my way.



They began their walk along Front Street and onto Main Street but I have to say they quite whizzed past the area I was in.  Within about five seconds they were gone.


The closest photo I took of Will and Kate - and they both had their eyes closed.  Oh well, I guess you cannot look Royal all the time.

I have NEVER seen so many people in Whitehorse gathered in one place.  It was very special for us to have Prince William and Katherine visit our town.  Everyone was so excited and gave them a grand welcome.

They are now off to Carcross, then back to Whitehorse to depart this evening.  They really must stay longer on their next visit.


No comments: