Local Weather

Monday, September 12, 2016

Sully


Went to see Sully tonight.  Of course I know the story of Captain Sullenberger who landed his plane in the Hudson River, saving all 155 of the crew and passengers.  No surprises here.  The surprise came in the fact that I didn't know the rest of the story, nor did I think this story, though interesting, could keep my rapt attention for the entire time of the movie.  Tom Hanks is EXCELLENT as Captain Chesley Sullenberger.  The range of emotions this movie allows us to experience is vast.  Perhaps I have a soft spot for planes (did I say I used to work for CP Air??) or perhaps it is because this could happen to any of us that takes a plane trip and puts our life in the hands of the pilot and co-pilot or perhaps it is because Clint Eastwood is an excellent Director, but this is one fine movie.  If you want to be entertained for 96 minutes go and see this movie.  I give it 5 out of 5 Stars!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will wants to know, why did you go to see it when you know how it ends? He remembers a conversation he had with you in Kettlby.

Unknown said...

Will wants to know, why did you go to see it when you know how it ends? He remembers a conversation he had with you in Kettlby.