Local Weather

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Half Way There

This bison crossed the road then immediately stuck its head down to eat and didn't bring it back up, so sorry Kristin, this is the only photo I took of a Bison, even tho I saw two of them. Interestingly, I didn't see the herd at its usual spot, so don't know if they moved themselves or if they were moved by humans or if they were all sleeping in the tall grass, but I doubt that was the case.

Saw 9 black bears and if I had eagle-eye Sue with me would probably have seen more. I was trying to keep track of all I saw to impress Joan as she does such a good job of documenting all the animals we see. I did see a moose as well and also a dead raven - the first dead raven I have ever seen.

At a pit stop in Watson Lake, took this pic of the Sign Post Forest. There are over 7,000 signs of people's cities/states/provinces/streets. Didn't wander through as I was on a mission.

One 11 hour drive under my belt and one 12 hour drive to look forward to tomorrow.

No comments: