Local Weather

Monday, September 14, 2009

An Edmonton Weekend

Didn't have much to do this weekend, so flew to Edmonton, thanks to my share in Air North. I hit record breaking highs temperature wise - luckily I took a pair of shorts with me. One day of shopping - one day of visiting my niece and her family. Dawson is now in grade 4 - his current favourite thing is Corner Gas - he laughs so much at the episodes.


Hot, hot, hot and sunny - 30 degrees C and here we go to play hockey. Must be Canadians, eh?
Actually, it was power skating camp.



Took a drive to Beaumont with its large park and small lake which is stocked with trout. It was lovely to be by nature in this weather.


Dawson just learnt to tie his shoe laces. Above I caught him tying up in the bushes.

Back at home, Tia was busy with work, golfing and a stagette but I did spend one evening with her when her lifestyle caught up to her and she had to stay home to recuperate. The apartment looks great - thanks Tia! - I really do like living in it and love the area it's in.

The flight home was one of the best I've taken. Over the Yukon there were no clouds and with the trees turning the view was amazing. I would have taken a picture but the old lady...sorry, the elderly woman (I'm heading that way quickly, so I must remember to be respectful) got so nervous when I had to pass her once, she couldn't get her seat belt undone her hands were shaking so badly, I couldn't ask her to do that once again just so I could get my camera. So you just have to believe me that we followed the highway in and the view was great! So good trip from beginning to end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We sure had a great visit with you. I hope you have nothing to do more often!!! Great photos would love to put in my order for some.
Glad your home safe and sound.

Jennifer.