Local Weather

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Apparently SR is now the proud owner of the ol' cabin. Was invited out today for a visit - he wasn't there! But did take a stroll around to see what the old place looks like now, after I vacated it 20ish years ago (!! - wow does time pass quickly...it seems like only a couple of years ago I called it home). The road to the cabin - all 15 kilometers of it is rough and curvy and at times steep. The cabin sits 1,000 feet above Whitehorse. I can just imagine what my parents thought when they first came to visit me in the Yukon and I drove them "home" on that road. Now, since I don't drive it every day, I can hardly believe I thought it normal.

The inside has changed considerably. The old cook stove (which was stolen, then recovered thanks to Debbie, even though she didn't reap the "reward" that was offered) is now sitting in what was once my bedroom. The flooring has all changed, there is no kitchen table and there is a propane stove now, but no fridge. Interesting.

The poor sauna has seen better days. Must have been some windstorm to blow that tree on its roof!


The lake seems to be the only constant. Still looks like it did 30 years ago. Beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too busy to blog but not that busy to go to yours. Great to see the old place. I remember it well. The bumpy road, the old stove and the upper sleeping quaters which was very warm in the winter. I do not remember the sauna or the deck. MJT