Local Weather

Sunday, December 07, 2008

3PM Thursday, I saw someone walking two dogs along the edge of the clay cliffs. For those that don't know, Whitehorse is in a valley with cliffs running along side. Just beyond the trees in this photo is the airport. Anyway, back to my story. They were silhouetted on the edge of the cliffs and would have made a great picture if I didn't stand there watching them instead of getting out my camera to take the photo. Now the man and the dogs are walking in these trees, not that you can see them, but that's my story of the missed shot. Not much of a story, but hey, I don't have much time for stories now that I'm working.
This weekend was spent getting ready for Christmas. Baking cookies, writing cards, wrapping gifts and mailing them away. The week ahead has Christmas parties, and of course, the Whitehorse Choir and the Persephone Singers performing in the Arts Centre. The snow is falling, the temperatures just below 0, and colourful lights are lighting up the houses on the street. Just watched Elf on TV and yes, I do believe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to see the cliffs. Me, Greg and Shelley lived in a house when we first got up there in the 70s at the end of Wheeler - We called ourselves the WOOD END WHEELERS. - Seeing those cliffs reminds me of when we all lived there - That must be why after I looked at that pic last night that I dreamt of Greg. I also dreamt of you the other night. In the dream Jimmy wanted Wally to come for hamburgers and I told him to wait asking cause I wanted you to come to then suddenly as dreams go you were sitting at a table eating French Toast and I woke up.