Local Weather

Saturday, September 08, 2007


Our Golf Dinner at my house tonight. Elaine still says if I put her picture on the blog she will not golf with me again, so don't tell her it's here. Debbie didn't make it into the photo on this blog as she had her eyes closed, or mouth opened in the pictures I took and I didn't think she would want her picture broadcast like that. We had a great dinner - cedar plank salmon, thanks to Teri and Dave's recipe, which turned out so good, there was very little left over. We are all old Yukoners and due to the music I played - Marty Waldman, Manfred Jansen, etc. we talked a lot about the old times here, travelling dirt roads, without electricity, wood stoves etc. It was fun reminiscing.
Wally phoned from Edmonton last night. He is 22 hours away. I expect he'll be here tomorrow night, tired from the drive and ready for a good meal and a comfortable bed. Can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the little China Girl planter - We grew King Kong Sunflowers but this year they were very slow to start but still came up and very tall. Good to hear Wally is on his way to your place. Can't wait to hear how it all goes and some pics. MJT (I am Visitor #40 today - yippeeee)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great - I see that they have put skylights into the livingroom part of the house. Great pic of you and Wally in the Kopper King - for some reason it looks the same to me. Bet you all had a great time with Wally - whenever he comes to visit us we always have a hoot. I sent a pic of our family to Richard Netherton and he got back to me slightly distressed due to the fact that the motor in his very expensive sailboat gave out and was going to cost him alot of money - He will be getting back hopefully soon with some pics of his kids. Anyway, budinski, now that all the company is gone we should get going on snail mail again. Tag - your it - You first. MJT