Local Weather

Saturday, September 22, 2007

My summer visitors may recognize this portion of the Alaska Highway (just before the turn north to Dawson City). Yes, that is snow on the mountains. It's that time of year, but the majestic beauty takes away any chill. I was a bit sceptical this morning when the rain was turning to snow, but it melted immediately. Thank heavens I don't live on the top of a mountain though.


My friend Jeaneil just moved into this new apartment beside Yukon College. Although it is still called the Athlete's Village (built to house the athletes of the Canada Winter Games 2007) it is now a senior's apartment. Chopping wood and hauling water became too difficult for her with her back problems, so she is a "towny" now.

Going to enjoy a pizza dinner then a movie tonight. Russell Crowe as a cowboy? Well, I always loved to watch Gene Autrey and Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, so hopefully I'll like this movie too.

No comments: