Local Weather

Sunday, September 16, 2007

And off he goes

Wally has now left the north. It always takes a bit of time for me to adjust to being alone in my house once again. Maybe I should get a dog! It was great seeing him again and just catching up. And great to have Chevy as a member of my household for a while. He was lucky, the leaves had started to change so all the scenery was punched with yellows and reds.

Fall is here - my favourite season. I no longer have to think about wearing shorts or jeans - it's definitely jeans. And don't you agree that autumn has that wonderful scent in the air and the leaves look spectacular in yellow, gold and crimson. As well, the northern lights will (hopefully) begin to brighten the nights. The only thing I don't like about fall is that the next season is winter - which, up here, is a bit toooooo long.

This picture is for Merv - we had a drink for you in the Kopper King and I took him to our old house on Alexander Street - now Duffy's Pet Shop, and walked him through our kitchen, living room (which now houses iguanas and snakes, birds and rabbits) and our bedrooms. Cheers!

I missed Michele's 50th Birthday party in Atlin- so if you're reading this Michele, hope it was a happy one. And hope your party was fun.

And for all you avid soccer fans - (that may only be me and my son) - Man U is sitting in 4th place with 11 points, tied with Liverpool (3rd place) and Chelsea (5th place).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Carol - great to see pictures of Wally again. Every time I see new pictures he seems to have morphed - last time I saw a picture he looked like God when he was a walk-in in a movie. The boys are looking damn fine and so much wiser than in their youth. Please keep your Blog going - I love to drop in from time to time to see what you are up to. Matt Shaw

Terry&Michele said...

Thanks for the b-wishes Carol. Boy I envy retired life. You do what you want. Great pictures, nice to see you.nyoctc