Local Weather

Friday, November 30, 2018

The Crimes of Grindelwald



This is movie #2 in the series.  Apparently there will be 5 movies as the prequel to the Harry Potter movies.  I loved the first one.  Of course Eddie Redmayne is a favourite actor of mine and I found the first instalment of this series to be fun and whimsical.  So, I was looking forward to the second movie just recently out.  I was looking forward to being entertained once again.  No so.  I found The Crimes of Grindelwald to be very dark and I don't just mean the story.  The actual film was mostly in shades of grey and so dark and misty it was sometimes difficult to tell which actor was speaking.  And actors there were.  Many many many which at times made it hard to tell who was who. And to top it off the movie was very long and the theatre, which if you follow my reviews and know I have a lot of grief about our two theatres, hit an all time low at this showing.  It was colder inside than it was outside and it even had a cold wind blowing at times.  We not only sat with out winter coats buttoned up to the neck but had to put our hands under out armpits to keep them warm.  And our feet were very cold despite the fact we were wearing our winter boots.  So all in all I had a miserable time and just keep hoping that it would end.  I was not impressed with this movie.  I give it One Star out of Five!

No comments: