Local Weather

Friday, November 30, 2018

Eating Healthy

There has just been another e-coli scare with the romaine lettuce being sold in North America.  And there is a Facebook posting of a frog that is perhaps Kermit collapsed on the ground lamenting the fact that just when he was going to diet there is now no lettuce.  Well, that was not a joke for me because I was just thinking that I had to put more ruffage into my diet, so salads every day was the new regime for me!  I knew Romaine lettuce was out but the grocery stores are filled with a variety of lettuces. So, on Thursday I went to  my local store to begin my healthier life and here is what I found.


I didn't expect to see Romaine lettuce on the shelves, but ...


... there were only a few bags of coleslaw type packages to purchase.  Nothing else.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just heard the other day about cucumbers as well. Hope all the ruffage greens come back soon. MJT