Local Weather

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Good-bye 2017


The last day of December started out with flashing lights on the street.  The firemen were at a house only three houses away from me.  


Cody, living just down the street and out of eyeshot of the excitement but still in view of lights flashing texted me and I gave her a blow by blow of the happenings on our street.  Turns out not much was happening but it is always exciting to see the fire engines ... as long as it is NOT as my house.


From there, I met my friend Sue and went out for a brunch - guess where.  The brunches are not quite as good as they used to be but you can't beat the view.  Air North was just loading and departed while we ate.  Don't see Sue often, so it was great to catch up with her.


The day was beautiful to look at from the restaurant window.  Not quite so beautiful when we went outside to the truck.  The wind immediately froze my forehead like a brain freeze (except I didn't enjoy the ice-cream that goes with a brain freeze).  -44 with the windchill.  It was a cool one in the city.

No comments: