Local Weather

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Paddington 2


Over the Christmas season I watched the first Paddington Movie to see if it would be appropriate for three years olds to watch.  My plan was to watch for a bit, then choose a program that was age appropriate for ME.  I enjoyed it so much, to my surprise, that I watched it right to the end and didn't want it to end.  So when the second movie came out, I was anxious to see it.
The movie theatre was almost empty for a Saturday afternoon matinee.  Bad for the theatre, good for me.  Paddington 2 was just as endearing as the first movie.  You cannot help but fall in love with the polite little bear.  I also applaud the roles that Sally Hawkins and Hugh Bonneville play.  The story is a little complicated for three year olds but I don't think that would matter too much.  It was fixed, I discovered, at a six year old level as the six year old I attended the movie with was happily putting all the pieces together and making total sense of the movie.  And, apparently, there were a few people that left having shed a wee tear or two at the end.  It is an endearing sequence to the first movie and excellent entertainment for the whole family.  I give it 5 out of 5 Stars!

No comments: