Local Weather

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri


I didn't know quite what to expect with this movie.  I enjoy Frances McDormand's acting (re Fargo).  I also knew she won Best Actress at the Golden Globes. The day I went to view the movie, the Oscar nominations came out and she again was up for Best Actress, and the movie nominations included Best Supporting Actor (x 2), Best Original Music Score, Best Screenplay and Best Editing.  It is a Black Comedy centred around the rape and murder of Mildred's (McDormand) daughter.  Mildred became a Vigilante.  Not a subject I would think I would enjoy, but enjoy I did.  You never knew what was going to happen in the next minute.  Thus, the movie was over before I knew it.  Woody Harrelson was excellent and Sam Rockwell beyond superb in their rolls.  I was glad I saw the movie and give it 4 out of 5 Stars.

No comments: