Local Weather

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Ottawa Day 1



On Monday I flew from Hamilton Airport to Ottawa via Montreal.  I arrived mid afternoon after an hour delay with the plane in Montreal... the passengers and the baggage didn't jive so they had to unload all the bags and reload them, leaving the extra bag at the Montreal airport.  But, it worked out fine as Kristin was then able to pick me up at the airport in Ottawa.  I dropped my bags at her apartment and we took a walk around the downtown area.  Above is Kristin by the old railway station building.  We ate dinner at a pub then walked around a bit more.



My first view of the Parliament Building was after the sun had set.  I know it is difficult to see, but all those people on the front lawn of the Parliament Building are doing YOGA.  All of them!  Where is my friend Debbie.  She would have loved this!


Everything looked so pretty at night.  The canal was all lit up.  We did a bit of shopping at my new favourite store Simone's, then went to Kristin's apartment for the night.



No comments: