Local Weather

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Edmonton Aug 14 to 16


My first stop in Edmonton.  Now I'm ready for holidays!


Even though Brent was working while I was there, he always made us dinner  ... delicious dinners I must add.


Dawson was feeling ill and had been for some months prior to my arrival.  Unfortunately he stayed home on the couch most of the time.


And Little Jenny was my driver.  She was most accommodating taking me to wherever I wanted.


I noticed that the Pixar Exhibition was at the Science Centre and luckily Brent was able to get us complimentary tickets to the event which was excellent as it was quite expensive per person.  Dawson felt a bit better this day and was able to attend the exhibition with us.


There were lots of hands-on displays and explanations of how pixar does their animation.  It was all very interesting.


Above is just one of many of my faves of the Pixar world.


And here is a cast of another of my favourite characters.

The last night I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the airport as I had a 10:00 AM flight to Hamilton.  DON'T EVER EVER EVER STAY THERE.  Besides two trains per hour whistling past their window, the bed was totally lumpy.  I let them know a new mattress was in order for my room and the girl said OK, she'll let them know.  The least I was waiting for was an apology but I didn't even get that.  

No comments: