Local Weather

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Where was I?

This is not in order, but if you knew the problems I am having with the Apple computer ... Above is PEI. We crossed Confederation Bridge - the longest bridge I have ever been on. Most of the time you cannot see over the sides, so your view is just the road, which is probably good as it is difficult to drive a straight line when you are constantly looking sideways! Arrived into PEI and were talked into renting a cottage in Cavendish - Anne Shirley's country. So we did. The land is just as one would picture it with lush rolling hills, lots of farms including beef and dairy farming. The soil is as red as I have heard is was. Of course Cavendish is Lucy Maude Montgomery land and Anne of Green Gables is EVERYWHERE. The cottage we rented was great with two bedrooms and full kitchen and living room and full deck. Drove down to Charlottetown for a day (esp to watch England play USA). (Don't tell PEI'ers, but I think I prefer Halifax over Charlottetown).

Now, below, back in Nova Scotia, and still in Shelburne, one of our favourite towns, is the Dory factory we toured. I now know more about dories than I ever thought possible. In fact the dory builder came in the middle of our tour, so now I know how thick the wood is on a Shelburne dory vs a Lunenburge dory. But all in all very interesting.


No comments: