Local Weather

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Halifax


I made it. Entered Halifax in the pouring rain ... what's new! Met my 'ol friend Richard at the airport. After 30 some odd years, we didn't quite know what each other would look like, but I guess we haven't changed that much as we quickly recognized each other. Spent a chatty evening in a pub and the whole of the next day with my newly found friend. It was wonderful catching up - marriages, divorced, kids, education, work ... a lot happens in 30 + years!


Here we are in a Victorian garden. Some nice man offered to take our photos. Spent most of the day in Halifax wandering around then at the end of the day took a drive out to Peggy's Cove.
Now I'm waiting for my friend Hilary to arrive and to continue on my tourist itinary with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

should have bought those rain boots!!!!!! we had one nice day here this week and guess what is in store for the weekend? yup, more rain!! I guess I should have picked up some rain boot too! have a good one. J.