Local Weather

Monday, November 30, 2009

YVR

Bev's mum recently celebrated her 90th Birthday! Bev treated us to a night at the theatre. The Metro Theatre on Marine Drive presented THEFT. We all thoroughly enjoyed the show.


It was a CP Air weekend.


I worked at CP Air from 1972 to 76 at which time I moved west to Calgary. I visited my long-time friend Bev (I was going to say "old friend" but changed my mind) this weekend as Bill was in from England. Now, being with two CP Air people, we spent our time visiting others that we worked with - some I haven't seen since 1976! I am happy to say everyone looked the same, only, like wine, we seem to be getting better with age.


Just found this blog about CP Air: CLICK HERE
Don't know who made it up but if you want to reminisce (and remember what air travel used to be like - remember customer service????) - it's great to browse through.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm glad you found my blog and enjoyed it, it is truly dedicated to the wonderful people like yourselves that made up that once great airline.

We recently started a facebook page for ex CP employees that has also proven to be quite popular. I invite you to join and hopefully reconnect and share your memories.

Cheers!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CP-Air/168051668539?ref=nf

Mike said...

PS - hope you don't mind but i'll be sharing your post with our group.