Local Weather

Friday, November 06, 2009

Article of Interest

Sipping my coffee and reading Popular Science (my favourite magazine) this morning, I came across this story:
PERSONAL CHEMISTRY
It talks about all the man-made chemicals we have in our bodies from womb to now.
Seeing the photo of the coffee-maker and reading my coffee contains "Deca BDE
A toxic flame retardant in plastic can leach into your brew" didn't help me enjoy my morning java. It went on to talk about sun screen, lotions, shampoo ... things we use everyday and things which are suppose to be good for us and the Rule of 1,000 - Anything released indoors is about 1,000 times as likely to be inhaled as something released outdoors. It is a very interesting article and if you View Photo Gallery you may wonder how we are still alive after using these everyday things.

On a similar note, (and in the same magazine) I cruised this site:
Alternative Uses for Everyday Products
I may just have to start using Vodka to clean my bathroom tiles (and I can think of another use or two for this cleaning agent).

Good health to you!

No comments: