Local Weather

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Hallowe'en Night

Bookclub was set for Hallowe'en night. With minimal kids trick or treating it didn't really make much of a difference if we were home or not, and personally, I'd rather be sitting around with friends, sipping wine and eating appies than feeling the blast of -10 air hitting me every time I open the door to hand out candy. I know that's sort of a bah humbug statement but that is the truth.

Luckily we arrived before Peter, Cody & little Ella left for their Hallowe'en Party. As is the case with babies, Ella has grown by leaps and bounds since I last saw her. She was all decked out for the party in her Bat Cape & Bat Hat.

It's funny how different books affect different people. Joan & I loved The Book of Negroes while two others in the group couldn't read it as they found the subject too depressing. They also wouldn't be able to read the Wally Lamb book I'm currently reading called The Hour I First Believed which is about experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in the aftermath of the Columbine shootings. But I think everyone could read Gods Behaving Badly which is one of the few books I have ever laughed out loud to whilst reading it.

Clocks turned back, and extra hour of sleep (or partying), I guess winter is officially here. Going today to The Country House's Christmas open house. Lots of sales (along with appies) at my favourite store in Whitehorse.

No comments: