Local Weather

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day

Had a Canada Day brunch with a bunch of friends. Was talking about going to the Capital City next Canada Day as it looked so inviting when I watched the celebration on TV this morning. Was advised that the crowds, although they look like they're having fun on TV are oppressive! You literally cannot move while standing there. You cannot see anything other that the large screen they have set up and if you're small, you see people's legs. And when you leave, you leave en masse, going without direction in the wave of the crowds. You have to lock your arms together to stay together. Sounds like fun?? Guess if you accustomed to large city crowds it's OK, but small town me probably would find it too much to handle. So I guess I'll visit the capital city at another time of year.



The rest of the brunch went well with lots of laughter and good food. And if it doesn't rain, will be on the golf course to round out the day.
Happy Canada Day to all!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How repulsive! I'm just glad that you posted this blog after I stayed at the Sheraton in Ottawa and not before, otherwise I may have cancelled our trip! Disgusting.
Lisa