Local Weather

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Guess what I do on Tuesday nights. Above are two of my golf partners. It is amazing really, with the weather being cold, overcast and raining for days on end, Tuesday nights see this weather blow away, the sun come out and a gentle breeze blow and out we go onto the links...we are fair weather golfers after all.
The fairways are in excellent shape and some of the greens are spectacular this year.
This is a view from the 5th hole. The Yukon River winds its way north past the city, past the golf course and on it's way to Dawson City and beyond. Waiting for the golfers ahead of us to move on is rewarded by a view such as this.
On my drive downtown to whet my whistle, I realized I still had on my sunglasses (my regular glasses still packed in my golf bag in the back of the truck) even though it was 9:00 at night, not that that was a problem at the time, but after my pit stop I should probably be wearing my regular glasses for the drive home. Wrong - the sun was shining so brightly at 10:00 I needed my sunglasses for the drive home!

No comments: