Local Weather

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I happened to be outside today when I saw my mystery animal. I was pretty sure what it was and Bruce, my neighbour across the road, confirmed it for me. I have a weasel living in my yard! As if I don't have enough to do, I now have to buy a live trap and catch the little *#!***, although Bruce says he doesn't think they will do any harm unless they get in the house, then they are difficult to get out of the house (his mother had one in her house).

Bruce says this is a "classic" weasel pose. I'm so glad I caught it.... And why hasn't my fox caught it yet? He's been in my yard a number of times now.
Correction: As I have just googled "weasel" I discovered that "although they look similar, one way to tell the difference between a stoat and a weasel is that unlike stoats, weasels do not have a black tip to the tail." So now I think I have a stoat. What the heck is a stoat??? In the winter their fur turns white and are called ermine. So, if you see me in a new fur coat ...

No comments: