Local Weather

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Awoke this morning to the sound of THAT dog barking under my deck. It was 5:00 AM! When I awoke again, again to his bark, I looked out the window and saw snow. We have had such good weather - yesterday I was out cleaning up the yard. Now, speaking of the yard I have had a major vole problem - the lawn is riddled with vole tracks (note above where the snow has settled = the vole tracks) A great disappointment as I had such a beautiful lawn these past two years. I was now awake so came downstairs, made coffee and turned on Coronation Street to catch up on the news of the street. Sitting, sipping my coffee, I saw a small animal scamper through my rock garden. It looked like a baby squirrel, but the body was very long - maybe they grow in length, then let their head and legs catch up??? I don't know, I've never seen a baby squirrel... then still sipping my coffee a fox trots by my window and into my backyard. A dog, a vole, a squirrel, a fox (am I trying to compete with you cousin Joe?) - and all this before 8:30 AM.
Before I go on, the picture above was taken on Friday at 10:30 PM - just to show my August visitors - the light will be about the same when you are here.
As most people now know, I now have a laptop and will donate my dinosaur computer to Computers for Schools. It took many a day to transfer all the info off my old computer and to install all the programs I wanted onto the new. A heads up for those thinking of upgrading, wait until the software supports Vista - my downloads included downloading the correct driver to run the software. But here I sit in my livingroom, watching Chelsea v Arsenal, hoping for an Arsenal win (tied at 70 minutes) and wirelessly blogging. Heaven.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hi Carol

I think your vole, fox and dog beat my rabbit.

Anyways email me your number I have free long distance in North America. Talk to you soon. BTW, today (May 7) is my dad's b-day.

Joe