Local Weather

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

As some already know, this weekend I was asked to be photographer for the 2007 (Oldtimers') Indoor Soccer Tournament. Above is the winning team from Whitehorse (the Blues Brothers). The tourney was Friday night and all day Saturday, ending with a lovely banquet at which my photos were screened - and I am happy to say they were a success, thanks to Michele, my editor.
A team from Juneau, Alaska, came and their goalie (above) was the only hospital victim. He dislocated his finger saving a goal (below). Happily the doctor was able to relocate his finger and he made it to the banquet to a round of applause.

And, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this blog. I received a call from my boy today wishing me well. He is now working south of Dawson City and has strep throat and still has laryngitis. A mother never likes to be far away from her sick child. Take care of yourself SR if you are reading this.

1 comment:

Terry&Michele said...

Nice action shot of the goalie at the moment of injury. Your photos added a lot to the banquet! Thanks! See you next year.
Terry