Local Weather

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Home Again


Gas in Edmonton was 69.9 per litre.  Ours is 94.9 but I'm not complaining.  In fact, I filled up!


Temperature in Edmonton was 10 degrees Celcius.  In Whitehorse it was hovering around the 0 degree mark until I arrived home.  Then it dropped.  Was around -33 C with the wind chill but we did have beautiful blue skies and should stay at around -20 C for the next week (not counting wind chill).  Oh well, we do have warm houses and warm clothes.  That's what the north is about.


While I was gone it did snow and snow and snow.  Thanks to Seven (my neighbour) my driveway was cleared of snow when I returned.  The roads were full of snow though.  A few days after my arrival the snow ploughs came to clear the road.  They started before 8 AM to move the snow.


By 10 AM the piles were getting pretty high and continued through the day to pile up.  By the next day, all that snow was trucked away.  Good job City!


No comments: