Local Weather

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Visit with Merv


We left Ancaster, SR dropped me off at an airport hotel, then they drove to the airport, boarded a plane and flew west.  I stayed in Toronto and met up with another 'ol bud, Merv!   She picked me up and off we drove.  We visited her mother at her new (new to me anyway) apartment.


Me and Merv's mom.


Merv and her mom.


We drove and visited 10 Spencely Court, my home from 1960 to 1971 and my parents' home to 2000!  It still looks the same today as it did when I lived there.


Then on to Westmount Park Road.  Dear Andrea's house.  Oh the parties we had there!


Our first school when I moved to Weston (now Etobicoke) - Valleyfield Junior School.  I was there for Grade 3, one year only then moved to Green Meadows Public School which was a bit closer to our house.  Merv and I both had Miss Carroll.  She was so nice and pretty.


Then we drove on to 30 Feltham Avenue.  I lived there from 2-1/2 years of age to 9 years of age.  A garage has been added as had awnings and the houses on both sides have been torn down and much bigger houses build, but the old abode looks much the same.

We then broke bread together (in a manner of speaking as I am wheat free and therefore bread free) then said our good byes for the time being.  It was great to visit with my high school friend.  Thanks Merv!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The whirlwind visit was great. Love that image of mom at the door. When I win the lottery that chin neck thing is coming off of me - lol - mjt