Local Weather

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gimpy



December 4th was my Right Foot 1st Proximal Metatarsal Osteotomy and Akin Procedure.  In other words bunion surgery.  I always heard it was a painful surgery (and also heard horror stories, thanks to Dianna) but as mine was performed early I thought it would hurt a little then be OK.  Wrong!  It is now a week and two days and this is the first day I can actually walk on my heel (like the literature says I can do on day 1!) with the aid of my crutches. 

Thanks to my new neighbours Seven, Stacey and their teen age daughters for keeping the snow cleared on my drive and walk way.  They are actually doing a better job than I would do and I really don't know them as I just moved into my new house.  And thanks to all my friends for offering and giving the assistance when I need to get some place or need groceries.  A Great Help!! And thanks to my son and daughter-in-law for providing me with my first real meal last Wednesday, then leaving the leftovers so I could continue to enjoy a real meal all week long.  They are also at my beck and call as need be and never say no.  Hopefully my recovery will progress at a quick pace now.  Of course I have hoped for that since day one and it is not quite as quick as I would like but what will be will be.  

Today SR is picking me up and taking me to the drug store for a few items, then Sears for my new twin beds which are finally in.  Below is a photo of what this day looks like so I am thrilled to be going outside.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We both have had surgeries. Hope you heal well. I got my cartaract op last Wednesday and picked up the flu from the hospital by Friday - still recovering. mjt