Local Weather

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

RIP Joe Cocker



It is with a sad heart that I write this entry.  Joe Cocker passed away on the 22nd and our world is a little bit emptier.  His music takes me back to Andrea, Mary and the old gang.  We had so much fun together - memories to last a lifetime.  First time I saw him was in the Woodstock movie.  Although just a bit too young to have attended Woodstock, I watched that movie I don't know how many times.  I was there in heart if not in person.  The days of Peace, Love and Freedom.  What a time!  Andrea took her mother to see Joe at the CNE stadium many many years ago.  That was in a time before mothers and daughters (or sons) did such things together.  His gravelly voice and unique stage presence will live on.  RIP Joe Cocker.  You sure brightened up our lives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We went to see Woodstock at the Weston Biltmore with Nuge and Skinner - mjt