Local Weather

Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 28


The days may be short but that huge fireball, now sitting low in the sky, reflects in dazzling ways.  This is what I saw driving into town yesterday.  Not quite a sundog but it silhouetted the trees against the mountain drawing the eye there again and again.





And it was time for the Seniors' Soiree again.  As part of Festival of Trees, the walls were lined with sponsored Christmas trees, some valued up to $12,000.  I would have bought tree #4, Angelina's Boutique (if I had lots and lots of money).  A near second was the spectacular Snow White Tree which unfortunately I didn't take a picture of.  Anyway, shared a table with my line dancing group and all eyes were on us when we were  strutting out stuff on the dance floor.  It was a great evening of friends, food (a wee bit of wine thanks to Barb) and dancing, all in support of the Whitehorse General Hospital.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that an awesome image - I too would have pulled over to capture it. Lookin good Lauren. mjt

P.S. Fun Christmas for you with the twin kiddos too.