Local Weather

Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's That Weekend Again

Another year has passed and the the Whitehorse Rapids Old Timers International Soccer Tournament (I believe I got that name right!!) was this weekend. Once again, I was asked if I would take some pictures and I did.
Luckily Juneau made it this year for two reasons. One, we like the team to participate and Two, they make it "international". When they arrived at the ferry dock on Friday morning, they found the ferry was cancelled. That put a wrench in the works. They finally chartered two small planes to fly them to Skagway, where they rented a van to Whitehorse. We are so glad they made it. All in all there were six teams including one co-ed team. Some very good soccer was played.




And the winner is ... (drum roll please) ...

No comments: