Local Weather

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Note the temperature - crazy! We go from -30 to -4 in two days.
Just celebrated Sue's birthday last night. What fun. It was a '70's theme - '70's, '70's mmmm what did I do and wear in 1970?? I had a hard time thinking what clothing in the 1970's was like - let's see, I backpacked through Europe (jeans & t-shirt), worked for CP Air (yes, remember that great airline who rivaled Air Canada) so I wore work clothes so there were mini-skirts and midi-skirts and platform shoes, moved to Calgary and wore those Indian wrap-around skirts as well as jeans and t-shirts, then moved north into a cabin in the bush and wore lumber-jack shirts and big boots as well as jeans & t-shirts. I guess it was a decade for wearing everything and anything but jeans and t-shirts remained a constant, so that settled it. And I still wear them so I had only to go into the closet. The evening started off with Marguerita's - what fun. I haven't had those since the '70's, and ended with Bailey's coffees. For a wine and beer drinker that was different. The music had variety also, from John Travolta disco to Joe Cocker. The theme was chosen as that is when Sue "came of age" and as she is once again "coming of age" (the senior's age that is) it was appropriate. And best of all I awoke today without a hangover!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful time for your friends 50th - From someone who does not know her -Happy Birthday Sue - 50 is a JUBILEE year - thinking back to all you posted there is only one thing that I remember and that is stretching out your HOT PANTS OUTFIT - Do you finally forgive me for that - OK - Thanks - LOL! - And yes, I remember the wrap around skirt - We are now in the thick of WINTAHHHHHHH - DONT YA JUST WISH IT WOULD END - Yet, things like these parties get us thru it all - You know CLR I do not remember a time that I was more filled with Joy - Getting older is a good thing. SPIT!