Local Weather

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My Anti-theft Key

This is a view from my bedroom. I don't venture out too much if I don't have to. But I did go to the Nissan dealership today as I have been experiencing a problem starting my (almost) new truck! I would drive to where I was going, then when I wanted to drive away, my truck wouldn't start. This happened twice both times in extremely cold temperatures. After trying to start it, and trying to start it, and trying to start it some more, I would sit, look around and try to figure out what to do. And being the holidays, the dealership was closed. If I left the truck it would freeze solid then I certainly couldn't get it started. So then I swore out loud, tried it once more and alas, it started. The problem they said was my key! These new keys have computer chips in them that must sync with the chip in the car so only my key will start it. Something is wrong with my key and my car is not reading it, consequently it won't start. So, let this be a heads-up to all of you with similar "safety" systems. Carry 2 keys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic out of bedroom window - If you want - Join Blingee and add snow falling - You can get there fast by clicking on Caleb on TDOT - I have been adding bling to pics for the techy fun of it - I found Blingee thru Cutest - MJT

Ah yes - the age of MICRO-CHIPS desensitizing us to make it appear as a SAFETY measure. Whatever - Hope you get that all cleared up.

Your new template and white blog really looks northern. Cheers!