Local Weather

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A week ago, my friend Joan (pictured above) & I drove down the Alaska Highway to Edmonton. It is a two day trip (for us - 22 hours straight driving for my son) -we stopped the night in Ft. Nelson. I snapped this photo of Joan at a campground during one of our pit stops. The ride was wonderful - we saw a lot of wildlife. In fact the only thing we didn't see was elk. Joan made a list of what we saw - unfortunately, I've since lost the list...but we did see bison (pictured below), lots of black bears, deer, mountain goats, moose, caribou and I'm sure I forgotten some animals but don't tell Joan. After two long days of driving, we arrived in Edmonton, Joan was picked up by her son Kevin who lives in Red Deer and was transported there (and will continue on to Newfoundland to do some visiting and site seeing) and I stayed at my condo at which I painted and cleaned and repaired - then shopped. I had a good visit with Tia, who is now staying in the condo and to prevent the spending of mucho $$'s I left and am now on my way up the highway.

No comments: