Local Weather

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Here's Tia with whom I shared the condo for 5 days. And below is the clean living room. Outside you can see the man doing repairs on the lawn, so the water doesn't drain onto the patio. Hopefully what he is doing will fix the problem.
As mentioned earlier, I left Edmonton, so I would have some money left when my sisters et al visit this August. The drive was good till I hit construction. I followed a pilot car at 20 km/hr for at least 20 kms! That took up one hour of driving and I only went 20 K. BC was seal coating the road and the dust was terrible. The good part about that was I was the first vehicle in line so at least my dust was minimal. 30 cars down, it must have been unbearable. As well, as I was first in line, I had clear sailing into Ft Nelson. In 350 kilometers, I passed only about 5 vehicles. That was the good part. The bad part was about 150 kilometers outside of the city my gas gauge read between 1/4 tank and E! I didn't know if I was going to make it or not. I have NEVER driven a vehicle with the gauge reading that low, so I was quite worried. Then when my empty gas tank light went on I started sweating bullets. I still had 80 Kms to go. I drove kind of fast so if I ran out of gas, I could coast a ways. Luckily, about 12 k from the city, there was a gas station...the only one till I was right in the city as it turns out. I drove in and got out of the truck to fill the tank - my knees were shaking and I felt weak. I never want to do that again. So here I sit in the hotel in Ft Nelson, drinking a beer, relaxed and finally connecting to internet.

No comments: