Local Weather

Saturday, July 14, 2007

For Cousin Joe


Sorry I missed your phone call. I was trying to garden between rain showers. We have had rain or threatening rain every day since May! The White Stripes. Yes, they were in Whitehorse. As the story goes, they were playing in the Arts Centre which holds about 450 people. They heard that so many other people couldn't get tickets, they decided to play an impromptu set in LePage Park in downtown Whitehorse. They decided to play and 2 hours later were on stage in the park playing to about (according to Shaun) 450-500 people. Here is the Youtube of part of the concert: click here. Did I see them - NO. That was the first day I got my cell phone. I missed every call I got, not knowing that the ring was coming from my pocket and it was my phone!!! Shaun called me to let me know but or course, I missed the call. He said he rec'd a text message and then forwarded it to all the people he knew. He looked around and everyone around him was text messaging on their phones. Between that and the radio station announcing the concert, the turnout was great. He said they played about 8 songs and were so good and because of their kindly spirit, he would now pay to go to one of their concerts. Me, as they will probably never come to Whitehorse again, will have to buy their CD!

No comments: