Local Weather

Sunday, June 25, 2006

My Ontario company made it here! I've had a lot of fun showing them my hometown. The Yukon International Film Festival began on the day they arrived. Thanks to Iris (by the way Iris, Heather thought you were the most interesting person in the whole world!), we viewed the 'not yet released' film The Big White, starring Robin Williams, Woody Harrelson, Holly Hunter and more. It was partly filmed in the Yukon/BC 2 years ago. We all loved it... one of the few movies I laughed out loud to. (Interested in info on the film? Want to see a trailer? Click on this link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402850/ ). This movies was followed by a reception (for opening night of the festival). We all had a grand time. Lots of sight seeing - although we only saw only a small portion of all I had on the list we were busy all the time. In the picture here, we were on a tour of Yukon Brewing Company (note the big smiles - we got to sample ALL of the beer they make). Today they left for Dawson City and to return via the Top of the World Highway. It was great to spend time with them and to FINALLY show another "southerner" where I live.
Continued to watch World Cup - did you see the scrappy Netherlands/Portugal game today? I now have $10 riding on ENGLAND - and they did win today!!!!! On July 1st they play Portugal so I have my fingers crossed.
My hand is healing just dandy. I still can't use it a lot as I don't want to split open the incision, but I am on the mend.
So that's the up-date for now. If anyone out there knows how to copy MP3 music to either the hard-drive or a CD, please let me know. Here's what I want to copy - I'd buy the CD but it is out of print.: http://musicyukon.com/front/modules/YukonSamplers/2002-6.m3u
Ciao for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I emailed Mikel Miller about the song - he wrote back - "The double cd Another Day In Paradise was a compliation of Yukon artists of whch each artist contributed 2 songs.It was "never" released commercially as it is on the CBC label. You might try writing CBC in Ottawa,Ontario requesting a copy,they might send you one, who knows! Check garage sales,I actually saw a copy in the used bin @ the local pawn shop,once. Hope this helps your search...... by the way,how did you find me? Mikel Miller" ----- soooo, I will keep my eye out for this - there is a pretty good second hand cd/record/tape store on Queen. In the meantime maybe you could email CBC in Ottawa, I will keep my fingers crossed. MJT