Local Weather

Monday, June 05, 2006






These pictures do not look too good to me, but I hope they'll improve once I complete this message. SR flew in from Dawson this weekend for a visit. I haven't seen him since Christmas, so it was good to see him. We went to Natasha's birthday party and saw all the relatives on Friday. Saturday, we went to see the Davinci Code at the theatre (it is EXACTLY like the book) (and long, but good). And I bored him on Sunday with pictures of my vacation, then he took me out to dinner. He is working at his dad's gold mine (Ross Mining) about 2 hours outside of Dawson City. He is always working...in fact, this was apparently his first day off from the 1st of May, so he's learning a lot. It was great to see him. I drove him to the airport this morning (what a good mother I am...he had to be at the airport at 6:15 AM!!!!). Driving out of Granger, the sun was shining on Heckle Hill and with the fresh snowfall, it was picture perfect. Unfortunately, I remembered to take my coffee with me and not my camera. So when I returned home, I grabbed the camera and drove out for pictures. Now the blog site seems to be acting up, so it is difficult to see the snow on the top of the mountain, but it was really there - and on June 5th! We have had rain all weekend and it is expected to last until Wednesday. Of course, I am trying to get all the yardwork done before the operation on my hand (June 14th) but the weather is sure slowing me down. So there you have it - my son was in town and it is snowing on the mountains. And that's the news from the north.

No comments: